Dr. Kimberly Harrop
Dr. Kim Harrop is the pulse of Balmoral Dental Arts. Cheerful, enthusiastic, smart and kind, Dr. Harrop loves what she does. And that’s why she does it so confidently and well. Now in her 30th year of practising dentistry, her dedication remains true and her expertise continues to shine. As she welcomes you to our practice, you’ll find that her warmth is embracive, her expertise is impressive, and her interest in her patients’ well-being is genuine and uncompromising.
Dr. Harrop moved to Toronto in 1987 after completing her dental degree at the University of Manitoba. To advance her knowledge and skills, Dr. Harrop has eagerly supplemented and expanded her training by completing many specialized, post-graduate programs: sedation, cosmetic and implant dentistry, hypnoses, TMD, and occlusion.
- Bachelor of Science in Dentistry from the University of Manitoba in 1988
- Doctor of Dental Medicine from the University of Manitoba in 1987
- Dental Intern at Toronto’s Hospital for Sick Children from 1987-1988
- Diploma in Dental Hygiene from the University of Manitoba in 1979
- Continuums 1 through Interdisciplinary at the Pankey Institute for Advanced Dental Education
- Spear Center for Advanced Dental Education - Sleep Medicine / Sleep Apnea
- Intravenous Sedation from Albert Einstein College of Medicine Montifiore Medical Centre in 1990
- Cosmetic Dentistry from the State University of New York at Buffalo 1995
- Bronze Medal for Anatomy from the University of Manitoba Faculty of Dentistry
- Bronze Medal for Major Organ Systems from the University of Manitoba Faculty of Dentistry
- Terry Fox Research Clerkship from the University of Manitoba
- Certificate of Merit for Highest Standing from the University of Manitoba from 1983-1985
- Gold Model for the Highest Standing in Dental Hygiene from the Manitoba Dental Association
- Variety of awards for academic excellence and highest standing in anesthesiology, mechanisms of disease and therapy, cariology, oral histology, radiology, and oral pathology
Dr. Mario Rotella
There’s an old Chinese proverb that says “A smile will gain you 10 more years of life.” And, if Dr. Mario Rotella can’t make you smile with the joy of oral health, no one can.
Dr. Mario Rotella is a Fellow of the Royal College of Dentists of Canada (F.R.C.D.(C), and a certified specialist in Prosthodontics, highly trained in dental implants, crowns, bridges, dentures, TMJ/TMD disorders, and more. Not only is he an integral part of Balmoral Dental Arts’ specialized team, his outstanding work has led to presentations at conferences and being published in peer-reviewed journals, such as the Journal of Prosthetic Dentistry.
Dr. Rotella received his Doctor of Dental Surgery from the University of Siena (Italy), graduating summa cum laude. He then completed the two-year Advance Education in General Dentistry program at the Eastman Institute for Oral Health, at the University of Rochester, NY, its three-year prosthodontic program, and one-year implant surgical fellowship.
While in the U.S.A., Dr. Rotella achieved several awards from AIOP (Italian Association of Prosthodontists), AAFP (American Academy of Fixed Prosthodontics), APS (American Prosthodontic Society), and from the Eastman Institute for Oral Health.
Dr. Rotella also serves as examiner for the prosthodontic national specialty boards regulated by the Royal College of Dentists of Canada, and as a clinical instructor of prosthodontics in the Faculty of Dentistry at the University of Toronto. His continued focus on prosthodontic innovations and advancements, driven by evidence-based science, ensures that patients always receive the best and current care possible.
We really enjoy what we do. We’ve got the training, the skills, the experience, the understanding and desire to provide you with the type of care and service you expect from professionals like us. It makes us happy to know that after a treatment you feel good and well cared-for. That’s what’s most important to you, so that’s equally important to us. We’re here to keep you smiling.